- Best Western Plus Inn on the Park, 22 S Carroll St, +1 608 257-8811, Madison's only Capitol Square hotel. Has a pool. The Best Western Plus Inn on the Park is a full-service hotel on the Capitol Square in downtown Madison, Wisconsin –Free valet parking, free wi-fi, free airport and campus shuttle.
- Doubletree Madison. 525 West Johnson. 1-608-251-5511. Formerly the Howard Johnson, this smaller hotel is located very close to the University (one block from the Kohl Center) and not too far from the Capitol. Free wireless Internet access.
- Edgewater Hotel, 666 Wisconsin Ave, +1 608 661-6582. Luxury hotel located directly on Lake Mendota at the beginning of Langdon Street, this hotel is about eight blocks from the university. Be sure to sit out on the pier during the summer.
- Hilton Madison, 9 E Wilson St, +1 608 255-5100. Complimenting Madison's historic charm, this new 14-story, 236-room hotel is named the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center headquarters. Just two blocks from the State Capitol on the shores of Lake Monona, the hotel has some of the city's best views. Take advantage of a state-of-the-art fitness center and indoor pool overlooking the lake
- University Inn, 441 N Frances St, ☎ +1 608 257-4881. An inexpensive hotel located in the heart of downtown, literally right next to State Street. Has free wi-fi in the lobby. It's a good deal if you're on a budget and still want to be downtown.
- The Wisconsin Union Hotel 608-263-2600. http://www.union.wisc.edu/wuhotel.htm . is located in the brand new Union South—a short walk to all the action at Camp Randall Stadium. The 60 boutique-style guest rooms include extended stay suites complete with kitchenette and living area—each decorated with thoughtfully selected furniture and artful decor.
Hostel and Bed and Breakfasts Lodging Options
- Memorial Union Guest Rooms: 608-263-2600. http://www.union.wisc.edu/muguestrooms.htm The Wisconsin Union Guestrooms are located in historic Memorial Union of the University of Wisconsin—a few steps from beautiful Lake Mendota and the Memorial Union Terrace. Each room has a private bath, air conditioning, cable TV and a campus and local telephone. Most rooms have two double beds and a view of Lake Mendota.
- Arbor House, 3402 Monroe St, +1 608 238-2981. A specialty inn with an environmental emphasis visible in its sustainable construction, renewable resources, native gardens, natural linens and fresh food. About 3 miles from the Convention site.
- Mansion Hill Inn, 424 N Pinckney St, +1 800 798-9070. Madison's only AAA Four Diamond property, this Victorian bed and breakfast is located about five blocks up the street from the Capitol.
- HI-Madison Hostel, 141 S Butler St, +1 608 441-0144. Part of Hostelling International, this small hostel is located two blocks to the east of the Capitol Square.
Camping sites: Dane County Campgrounds
Dane County Parks operates 5 campgrounds in and around Madison that offer camp sites both with and without electric hookups.
All campsites listed below offer traditional camping and RV facilities. Reservations need to be made 14 days in advance; otherwise open sites are first come, first served.
Babcock County Park
Lake Farm Park
Token Creek Park
Capital Springs State Park
Capital Springs State Park incorporates Dane County's Lake Farm Park, which has a fully-accessible campground of 54 sites. Most of them are suitable for vehicle camping, and others are tent sites. Thirty-nine have 50-ampere electrical hookups. The campground has showers, flush toilets, and a dumping station. It's next to the Lussier Family Heritage Center and the Capital City State Trail and just minutes away from downtown Madison and the Alliant Energy Center.
The Madison KOA offers RV and tent sites with pull-through and full hook-up available. At the Madison KOA you will also enjoy the luxury of laundry facilities, a coffee lounge and their new in-ground heated pool! If you would like to get in on the fun, but don't own an RV, just give KOA a call at 608.846.4528 and rent one.
….and a little farther away:
Devil's Lake State Park has 3 public camping areas located on the north shore of the lake, and 9 group camp sites on the south shore. Each campground has different qualities that have made each of them popular with various annual campers.
Blue Mound State Park
The Blue Mound campground is open year round. It contains 77 wooded sites and a rustic accessible cabin for people with disabilities. Each site including the cabin has a picnic table and fire ring. Toilets, water fountains and the showers are conveniently located throughout the campground. Two electric sites are accessible for people with disabilities.